Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Thomas Jones has a message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thomas Jones has a message

    KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)?Chiefs running back Thomas Jones(notes) is helping children avoid the danger of venturing onto mine property.
    Jones will be a spokesman for the U.S. Labor Department?s Mine Safety and Health Administration in a program is called ?stay out-stay alive.? His message is aimed at everyone, but primarily at children.

    The agency says dozens of people are injured or killed every year in recreational accidents at active and abandoned mine sites.
    It?s a subject Jones knows well. Both his parents were coal miners and he grew up in the coalfields of southwestern Virginia.
    He has recorded a series of audio and video public service announcements describing the hidden dangers of abandoned mines and quarries.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones has a message

    Class act in my book. He's never been anything but humble and forthcoming at any event I've attended. I've seen him sign autographs for hours on end at numerous events in Wise County over the years. I personally appreciate it, I've got a Thomas Jones autographed football that is displayed in my living room directly beside of my tv.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones has a message

    He's good people from good people.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Saluki86's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2010
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones has a message

    Good job Thomas Jones. My opinion is that Thomas Jones is and always will be the greatest high school running back the state of Virginia has ever had!:flagwaver:

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •